Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Personal Best

I have exciting news today!

For the first time ever, I was able to do winged liquid eyeliner in a somewhat successful manner, thanks to Lyn from Cheap As F*ck. Her tutorial for hooded eyes (although mine are more deep-set than anything) allowed me to finally figure out a way to get wings from looking screwy to looking... slightly less screwy? Observe:

Products: Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless foundation in 110 Porcelain, Maybelline Fit Me! concealer in 115 Fair, NYX Brow Mascara in Espresso, e.l.f Pressed Mineral Blush in Jet Setter, Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color in Blissful Berry, Maybelline Full and Soft Mascara, and Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eyeliner in Blackest Black.


Looking down to show the wing a bit better.


Another angle of my triumph.


Hideous closeup that nevertheless highlights my accomplishment.

Look at that! It's winged eyeliner, on both eyes and looking somewhat more steady than if a crazed toddler drew it! Bask in the glory of my over-sized sense of accomplishment. It's kind of like a heat lamp.

In other news, Blissful Berry looks awfully patchy in these photos, which is a bit baffling, since it looks nothing of the sort in real life as I sit here typing this. It's a mystery? Really though, my lips are probably to blame - they are absolutely Sahara dry right now, as is the rest of my face. I blame the advances of age and winter, and my lack of a decent moisturizer.

Finally, I send you off with a sad little photo of my happily festive nails:

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in On Pines and Needles, topped with Sally Hansen Quick Dry Topcoat.

The photo really doesn't do this color justice. It's a lovely deep, cool forest green with a subtle green shimmer. It reads as black or dark blue in most artificial lights, and the shimmer is lost in all but direct sunlight, but I love it anyways. It matches my favorite winter coat almost exactly. The formula is decent; I needed three coats for opacity, but this photo was taken on the third day of wear, and as you can see, it still looks almost perfect. Pretty impressive!

... How does one end a blog post?

No comments:

Post a Comment